Monday, January 26, 2009

Not Rocky but im trying

So, as I have said in previous posts I am boxing as a form of cardio now. I ordered some gloves and hand wraps, to ensure i dont break my hands on the heavy bag. Well i have a set of hand wraps and i was working out today, just hitting the heavy bag and doing some shadow boxing. Well there is a KBR guy that works out by boxing and he just so happens to work out the same time I do. Well today he was showing me a few things. It was great he took me threw a couple of jump rope drills to improve my heavy feet. I feel like Rocky in Rocky II. I have heavy slow feet. The guys says i have great punches and power but i plant my feet to long and i dont dance enough. The drills he put me threw were very difficult but mainly due to my lack of rythm and coordination. I got better by the workouts end but i was spent. We agreed to do more drills the next time we both were in the gym. Its fun to actually have someone who used to do Gold Gloves boxing training me. I feel good knowing im getting better each day. Now im no Lennox Lewis or Tyson but I will work till i feel i could step in the ring for real. I wont ever do it but i want to know i can. Wish me luck, im gonna need it.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

you should see if Dad can ship you a live chicken so that you can chase it around iraq...also, ivan drago could kick your ass

sincerely,
evan drago

Melanie said...

or maybe apollo creed could come race you in all that sand. oh wait...he's dead. that darn drago....

N. Buck Buck Buckley said...

I feel like I should post a comment about Mr.T (Clubber Lang)... oh well, all that matters is I can beat you in any competition you put in front of us.

I'm Mike Buckley said...

The chicken is on it's way. Actually I couldn't find a live chicken so I am sending a frozen cornish game hen. Just thaw, electro-shock, and chase.

My favorites in order:
1. Rocky II
2. Rocky IV
3. Rocky
4. Rocky III
5. Rocky V
6. Rocky Balboa

Pity the poor fool who disagrees.
Love,
DAD