Thursday, January 1, 2009

2009, Its our time to shine

Well happy new year everyone! Thank you all who supported me during 2008. I know God has been watching over me. I had a pretty boring new years eve, I worked out, and went to bed. I work in the TOC now so for the next month I will be in operations doing..... well lets just say operations stuff. It will be very much like my job at home, up at 4am in work at 6am and dealing with truck problems all day. Trust me I am the guy that likes that stuff. Anyway as with most people i made a resolution. I have three kids growing at an alarming rate and I want to be the best dad I can be for them. A part of that means being in shape so i dont kick the bucket early before they do all the wonderful things i know they will accomplish in their lifetimes. Well, hell i want to live to see the day they get out of the house. No wonder Bill couldnt wait till i went to college. hahaha. Mom you will have to read that to Bill. Well Jessica has made the same resolution. We have gym memberships at home which Jessica tries to get to but has difficulty. Well i have plenty of time here to get to the gym but Jessica not so much. That is where the John Updaters and family and friends come in. Well if anyone hasnt made a resolution yet, here is one I think would give you the most satisfaction. Make your resolution... to help Jessica out as much as you can till i get home. Now i know this sounds crazy but think about it. Everyone wants to give to charity or volunteer to help people in need. Well she is in need... not in the homeless or no food sense of in need but in need nonthless. She needs your time, time to give her a chance to improve herself, to get a break from the nonstop stress of being both MOM and DAD to three wonderful, full of energy kids. I know not everyone has tons of time, but there is easily 25 people out there that are able to give an afternoon one day a month to Jessica. Well if each person donated one afternoon, doesnt have to be just weekends or weekdays but both, well she could work out 25 out of 30-31 days a month and no one has to be driving to hamilton more than once. Now if you all think long and hard im sure you have one afternoon to spend with two/three wonderful kids. We have all the tools to keep the kids happy and entertained. We have a play room, we have toys, a playground in the backyard, we even have parks only a 5 min walk away.
Now i wont beg, i wont stoop to that level, but i do hope everyone answers my request. Jessica and I are checking email everyday so dont say you cant get ahold of us. If you have a day in your calendar, drop us an email and please dont back out. This 2009 should be amazing for me, i get to get in shape, finish my tour of duty and come home to the best family in the world. I cant wait for the day i get to see everyone again. Please make that day everything i think it can be. If you want to send packages aftert the holiday season has subsided, a few items we use everyday here are;
Tuna / Squeeze Mircale whip / almonds / tortillas / NO candy!
Now Im gonna be depending on my family and friends to come through on this one so dont let me down, you havent yet. Again if you want to help others more during this 2009 year, make your resolution to help Jessica. Roman, Shamus and Marissa will love having you around to play with.

Thank you all. I hope to see you all again only 10 pounds of fat lighter. haha who knows.

1 comment:

Ambersue said...

John, what a great resolution!! Your kids are truly blessed! Happy New Year! Ours was calm and in bed by 10:00pm that happens when you get older. Ha Ha. The kids look great! Growing like weeds, I saw them a couple times lately. Take care. We love you. Jeneen