Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Charlie Hustle


Yes, PETER EDWARD ROSE has sent me, little old me, a postcard. Postcard number 59 is from the all time hit king. The only post card i got this morning is from the only player to be voted to the all star game for 5 different positions. My 59th postcard has the real signature of the best baseball player to ever swing a bat, to ever run out of his helmet, to ever head first slide into first base.

I dont know how it happened but I think I need to thank Joe Hansbauer. Thank you.

Thanks to everyone who has sent postcards. Now i have found that there is one other person getting postcards in the same numbers as I. Now she is getting mostly Minnesota postcards, I still want to crush her numbers so if you have a second, drop me a postcard from any gas station, state capital, theme park, or even a national park. I love them all, I will keep them all, trust me, each postcard is special. I read each one and my CHU mate Sgt. Sopczak and I talk about each one. He cant believe i got a post card with a Cow's butt on it that says Dairy Aire. I love the ones from the different places people visit. Aim Small Miss Small. I love the Cincinnati postcards, it makes home seem that much closer.

If asked though to choose a favorite card, I would say the handmade postcards from my sister. I even saved and put on the wall the envelope she deocrated when sending a postcard she thought might not make it. The cards she creates show such effort that emotions are hard to hold back when i see them. Everyday when things are down i can look to my wall and see the love people send but seeing those cards can lift any horrible day. Thank you to Mel and Joe you have embraced what the SUPPORT THE TROOPS truly means. Thank you to UGIVE.ORG, Thank you to the Indian Hill class of Kerry Daus, Thank you to the religion class Catechesis of the Good Shepherd, Thank you to WEBELOSI den of Pack 106, Thank you to the Rumbaugh's, Thank you to Dad, Thank you to Mom, Thank you to Dustin and Chelle, Thank you to all those who i have not named, I love the cards. Just hearing what you happened to be doing the day you send the card out is more than enough to transport me away from this place, if only for a minute.

3 comments:

I'm Mike Buckley said...

Joe Hansbauer - you are 'da man for coming up with the Hit King postcard. Awesome... simply awesome. Nobody can top that and I am sure that John will agree.
PPITH

Jessica said...

Your life is now complete, huh?

N. Buck Buck Buckley said...

You think Pete will bet on whether or not you received the post card? Simply, awesome JOE!