Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A few thoughts

So, things are picking up here mission wise, and while im not on the road, I am seeing certain things that bother me. Many are being addressed by our higher ranking officers and NCO's but it still bothers me. I do want to say that this deployment from the living conditions aspect is bar none the best. I coudnt have imagined any better conditions.... wait, we have a water shortage, which doesnt make sense because when i do the math we should have more than enough water to do anything we want. We have no flushing toilets at our pad. Now im not complaining but merely commenting on how the ARMY manages its resources. It would seem that in 6 years of being in Iraq, we could have solved the water problem. Relying on Iraqis to fix everything is retarded. These people are king of rigging shit. Just look at their cars, everything is rigged.
Now also, the bus system here on the COB. Well who ever is in charge of it must have a GED because any educated person would see the need for more buses. Why does one base have a great efficent system and one have such an unreliable system. I mean we wait for over 30 min for a bus and when it gets there its more than half full so some people are forced to wait. Now i know we can walk to chow, its truly only about a mile or so, but thats besides the point, they offer buses and they claim to have done the math and have accounted for everyone. Well bullshit. I like my walk to chow, but the air is much colder now and with rain setting in more often, the mud is impossible to get away from, so this walk is much more of a hassle than a stress reliever. I guess i expected more from the ARMY.
Now i will say the ARMY is doing good things, i mean they are taking away reenlistment bonuses for my MOS. Oh thats a good idea when the ARMY is losing people left and right, lets decrease their incentive to stay. Bright idea.
I guess i needed to put my thoughts on paper...... well on something that reminds me of paper. So if you dont like what im saying ... tough.... if you agree, thanks

Thank you everyone for the post cards keep it up, i think im at 70.

No comments: