Monday, November 24, 2008

Postcards from.......not the edge

Well here are the postcards i have gotten. Thank you to those who have sent packages and postcards.

I really want to thank those who are sending them on a regular basis, you know who you are. Those who arnt, or who promised to help at home and havent well you disappoint me. I dont want to bash or hate on anyone but the same few have helped Jessica and the same few have made the effort. Maybe this war isnt as popular as it was my first tour but that shouldnt matter. Your efforts to help are pitiful at best. I understand in this busy world people have tons of schedules and plans but i could care less. When i was leaving almost all i came in contact with said" if there is anything we can do just let us know" Well i let you know. I gave everyone an inside track on how to help. If you read my blog then you would know this is not the first time ihave asked for help. Worst thing is that i had to ask more than once. If any of you have the sticker or magnet on your car that says you support the troops and you havent made the effort to help with your time then i ask you to take it off. Supporting the troops is more than buying a magent. It is more than send one postcard and feeling like you have done something. If you are not physically able, I understand, but many of you are and you have no idea of the time you waste. Time that would mean the world to my family if you offered it up.

Nope you all just sit by idly and put off making your effort to help. Well Holidays are here and im sure the excuses will fly. Please if you honestly arent going to try, when i come home, dont be there, dont say anything, not even thank you. My family needs me know and i cant be there, that means i need to rely on my extended family to help. In generations past this wouldnt be a problem but now we have such a self absorbed world that nobody will take the time for anyone else.

Again to those who have given their time and made the effort, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. I ask that you put pressure on those who you know can offer help. Peer pressure works more than most people know. Dont be afraid to say something to these liars. My wife means enough to me, that i fi have to push away the fakes in my family and cut the ties, I will.

Please dont test my resolve...... you wont win.

thank you

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I think you forgot to post pics of the postcards?