Sunday, July 13, 2008

Farewell............To Arms!



Well this weekend was a special one for me. My father, mother, and sister organized a huge picnic party to send me off with flare. It was great. i want to thank everyone first off for being there despite the heat. I want to thank everyone for taking the time to offer your support. I also want to thank everyone for all the care package items i saw. WOW you all did an amazing job. Its like you all know me very well or something. The Jerky in all forms will be enjoyed more than you know. The wipes are some of the most handy things to have in combat. Huh that's weird one thing the ARMY doesn't issue to the individual soldier is TP. I cant wait to use each and every item. Just what i saw will make a huge difference.

The party was great. I got to see my whole family. It was a like a family reunion if the family started with me! I saw all sides of my family enjoying corn hole, I saw Roman, Jacob, Brayden, and Shamus, all Buckley boys all together for the first time. The next gen was there in force. I finally got to see my little sister Lauren. The twisty's will be great in a pinch.



I got to see my father and my wife's father together for the first time ever. My parents finally got to meet my wife's parents and not just through email. I got to enjoy the company of my favorite relatives all at once.

Like i said"when i come home we will do this again but with a lot more beer."
Thank you again to everyone who came and supported me. thank you all for the care package items. Thank you mom, dad, and mel for your effort and time. Thank you to Father John and Sister for your prayers.

Its sad that war is the reason we all come together but I feel proud to know I have a family that will support me through anything God might put in my path.
Thank you and I love you all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greetings Ssg. Buckley Sir,

I wish to correct one tiny little comment, or perhaps if not correct, put a twist to it,if I may? War may be the reason you are leaving but it was LOVE that brought you all together. What a wonderful family, wonderful pictures. Great Kiss too!
Blessings