Monday, March 23, 2009

Leave

Well, Im back in Iraq now. Yeah it sucks but getting home to see Jessica and the kids was amazing. I cant believe how big my boys have gotten. I am stunned at how well Marissa can read. Shamus is saying all types of things. Roman can actually keep a converstation and he can state his feelings, sometimes very sternly. Seeing Jessica was the best I could imagine. Its an odd feeling to have one person hold so much of your emotional being in just their touch. Being home and spending time doing the things fathers do was just what I needed to recharge my batteries. I didnt do anything to crazy on leave, i got to spend my wifes birthday actually with her. That is something i havent done during our relationship. I went to Ryans pub in Hamilton,which was great. My best friends Dustin and Richie joined us. We all had a great time. Jessica and I had a wonderful night out for dinner. I got to grill out, only once but it was enough to make me miss it very badly. I got some major things accomplished. Thanks Mom, Thanks Dad.
Dad came over and gave Jessica her Birthday gift... a new over the range microwave. Yes its friggin awesome. It makes cooking so easy and it just fits perfectly into our little kitchen. It made a difference in just the few days i was home to enjoy it. I got to see Marissa off to school each day which is a great thing. I got to make dinner for my family again and sitting down at the table held more joy in it than I would have ever thought.

Thank you to all those who helped Jessica out during the first part of my deployment, Thank you to all those who will help during the second part.

No comments: