Monday, September 29, 2008

Kuwait, this sucks

Kuwait, is hot and sandy. Not much else. We have been here for a little while now and let me tell you it kinda sucks. I mean its 1000% better than my first time in Kuwait, but it still sucks. Mainly because this time i miss home a lot more. Last time the war was on my mind, this time making it home to my wonderful, beautiful, amazing wife is all i can think about. I post this using a Kuwait'i run computer shop where i paid 5$ for an hour of computer/internet use. wow the ARMY really takes care of us. It costs the soldier $ to do anything. If we want to call home, we have to buy a calling card. If we are lucky to have a Military post in our zip code you can make a DSN call for free but its a limited time, and how many of us get that Luxury? NOT ME. So i pay the money and im posting with my time. I miss my wife most of all. My best friend here Jon Sopczak, is helping me pass the time. the training isnt so bad, we got new body armor that is a million times better than the old one. I continue to miss my kids and friends, most of all my wife. I just miss being able to talk to her and hold her. Its weird but such a simple thing can take my stress away. Now that I am without i find i miss it much more than ever. We hope to be making my jump up north to Iraq in the next 5-7 days. This is a good thing. Instead of a 50 man tent the likes of which we are housed in now, i will be living with my best friend Soap, in a air conditioned 2 man trailer. My own slice of home. I can decorate the trailer how i see fit, i can spread out my stuff and not worry about infringing on others space. I can put up pictures of my children and wife, i can organize my gear so i can find everything. Anyway, Kuwait sucks, i miss my wife, but i am handling it well. Jessica will be posting my address in Q-West on each one of our three blogs so please read. i hope once we get to Q-West i will get regular internet so i can post pictures of where i have lived and some of the things we have done. Please everyone who reads this, i ask that you make a continued effort to help Jessica with the children. I praise my mother, father, and jessica's mom for their help in watching our kids while i was on pass at fort dix. I also want to thank Jeneen and Mel, for all your time and support. To those who havent been to the house to spell Jessica or who havent offered to watch the kids so she can shop for herself, or even spend time by herself, please do so. NO Dont offer just do it. If you have the time and ability just find out when she will be home and show up and be there. I know my wife is strong and pround and wont ask for as much help as those three kids will require, just force her to spend an afternoon shopping or to go see a movie or get a haircut and petticure..... or however you spell it. push her out the door. If she wants to spend time with marissa let her take Marissa shopping but not the boys, I want to see Jessica with more help. Those who have helped THANK YOU, from the bottom of my heart, for those who said they would and havent, I am not mad just waiting. Please take this as a huge gift and sacrifice and i know you will be filled with joy after spending time with our children and doing such a un-selfish thing.
To Jessica: I love you, stay strong, i am proud of you. I miss you, and i will be home before you know it.
To Mom's and Dad, and those who are helping, THANK YOU keep up the amazing work. I know its tough but i means the world to me.
To Dustin, thank you very much, we can sit back and crack a cold one at YOUR place when i come home.
To My kids. Be good for your mother.
To my wife again, i love you. i miss you, i am proud of you and i believe you are amazing and wonderful. I LOVE YOU

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Please no surprise visits! LOL Call me and let me know you're coming so I'm not still in my PJ's. If you don't have my phone number please email me or ask around. Plenty of people have it.