Wednesday, September 10, 2008

High speed training


Okay, we have been doing a lot of training, i mean quite a bit. we have been running convoys and using high speed Humvees. we we use the latest equipment we all get excited. I have had a few issues with how they set up our training. I hate when the command has no real vision for how the execution of the missions will go. I almost think they have no real idea of what they are doing. i do understand that i have to respect my commanders and those appointed above me or those who outrank me, BUT when in the civilian world i do all of their jobs combined everyday it makes it hard to sweep all of their mistakes, misjudgements and out right stupid decisions under the rug. these people cant plan out a whole day of missions and when things go wrong or break down they are unwilling to adjust their plan to fit the capabilities of those performing the missions.

Now i had a run in with those people in operations and well lets say it got heated and i got pissed. I think when all was said and down they saw how fucked up all this extra training was becoming. Pushing soldiers to their limit, when even the command says before the training starts that" we know this training is irrelevant" makes it hard to motivate your soldiers. I have found my ways to motivate and my soldiers continue to impress me. I just wish the ARMY would have a better way to evaluate and (replace,retraining, dismiss,or just remove) get rid of bad leaders.
But since the ARMY fails in that aspect i guess i am stuck with leaders looking out for their own agendas, looking out for only their careers, and basically using the soldiers a tool to prove their own worth.
All in all i liked some of the training, but with it being unrealistic, its hard to get too excited. I am excited that its almost over. I get to see my wife in two days. I get to have four days of freedom in which i will rest up, spend time with my beautiful wife, and try and prepare mentally for the jump across the pond. I have some pretty cool pictures of our training. i will have more soon. Oh yeah the Hurricane/ Tropical storm came in a gave us a soaking.

No comments: