Sunday, August 10, 2008

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

I look surprised.
Well, we qualified yesterday. That was rough. Not the actual shooting but wearing the IBA ( armor) all day. From 0430 am to 2230pm or from 430am till 1030 pm, I did not open up or take off my IBA. I was in full battle rattle all day long. very seldom did i get more than 30 min of rest time. It was a very good day. I zeroed my brand new weapon with its brand new optics both of which i have never held before. I zeroed my weapon with red dot optics and with old school iron sights both on my first time out the gate. Many soldiers did take some second, third and so on chance but i felt good my soldiers put out never ceasing effort.

We did NBC qualification, daytime qualification and even limited visibility qualification. That limited visibility qual is basically night time black as hell dark shooting. Which i surprisingly did very well at . 28 out of 30. My qual scores were the highest they have ever been, but i did feel comfortable and confident with my skills on my new weapon. I had a blast, i lost about 6 pounds in sweat, i even broke in my body armor. Gotta love a good day. It was hard, it was long, it was hot, it was even painful, but it was worth it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi John,

Please forgive me for bragging but a gal's gotta do what a gal's gotta do! I just wanted to say that if you ever have any questions, large, small or whatever about guns or anything that go "boom", give Michael a holler, call or whatever. He was a Combat Arms instructor (one of the best) and he can maybe help out if you find yourself with some questions.
We are glad to hear things are going well.
God Bless You

Unknown said...

Hey John, Congrats on qualifying. I know that this is a big deal. Just thinking of you and checking your blog. Grandma says hello. Let us know if we can help in anyway. Keep sending updates. Love, aunt Boo