Friday, August 1, 2008

The beginning


Well, I am at Fort Dix and its okay. The hotel waiting in Buffalo before we left was okay. I roomed with a best friend of my Sgt. Sopczak. He and I lived next to each other during my first deployment. We are very close so being far from home and without our families was much better together. We did a little drinking but that's kinda what soldiers do before they deploy. We never left the room though.
Now that we are here its really not too bad so far. It is a little hot, our room AC was frozen over to begin with so that took some time to thaw. I found out today i have to get glasses because i cant see. My left eye is the bad one but oh well its just for the ARMY.
We also got our body armor today. Yes the piece of equipment that is supposed to save our life. Its a heavy heavy vest with multiple extra additions since my first tour. Until it breaks in it will be very uncomfortable but i imagine once we get used to it the weight wont be so bad.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

You look really uncomfortable. It's nice to see you in somewhat real time, though. I love you.

PPITH4192 said...

Glad that you are getting settled and all is going okay. Remember, tomorrow you will be one day closer to completing your mission and coming home. We are very proud and we love you.